The Amateur Film Critic

A blog about films.

Monday, December 8, 2008

The Searchers


Wasn't overly fond of it. Beautiful sweeping shots of the landscape, which I hear was David Lean's inspiration for many of the shots in Lawrence of Arabia and some shots in Star Wars. John Wayne is the begrudging hero who embarks on a quest to find his long lost niece Debbie, played by Lana (younger) and Natalie (older) Wood. It makes one wonder if Natalie Wood is the female version of Jimmy Stewart--she is in so many movie 'classics'. I don't really fancy Westerns, and this didn't really change my mind. They say it is director John Ford's greatest masterpiece but, as I said, I wasn't wowed (then again I haven't seen any of his other movies). See it if you decide to see every movie on the the AFI list, otherwise, don't bother.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home